Urbanist took this week to go on a holiday hunt, scouring urban San Diego for special gifts to keep you shopping locally, away from the painfully crowded malls and chains. There are so many cool gifts, we’re breaking the guide into three editions: Home, Apparel and Food + Drink.
We present to you the Apparel Edition (Part 2) of the 2011 Urbanist Holiday Gift Guide, featuring cool accessories from some of our favorite local shops. It’s the companion to our Home
and upcoming Food + Drink
editions. We loved so many things and couldn’t possibly photograph everything, so it’s up to you to hit the spots with the stuff you like and see what else they’ve got!
• Aloha Sunday adjustable unisex button rings (local brand), $20
• Whipping Post Picker’s Wallet, $34
• Jenny B purses and wallets, $40$95
• Knit hats by various artists, various prices ~ $30
All locally made.
• Shwood sunglasses, $150$180
• Silvano wood watches, ~ $70
• Marshall Artist Belts, $80
• Knit women’s infinity scarves, $18$24
• Nixon women’s watches (local brand), $60
• Crow Thief men’s knit scarves (locally made), $36$42
• Cowboy Code men’s powder bag, $12
• Cirello women’s and men’s reclaimed stainless steel jewelry (locally made),
cuffs $98138, rings $52$68, earrings $38$80
(Local brand, visit website to purchase or find locations)
• Earphones, Billets $69.99$89.99, SITi $159$179
• Richard Fredrick (Manta) cruelty-free faux leather belts (locally made),
blanks start at $20, prices vary w/ optional addition of studs and crystals.
• Ties (they have over 150 to choose from), $10 each, three for $20